Go foraging for dandelion greens, then make this bright and nutritious dandelion pesto!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 cup
- 1/2 cup shelled pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh dandelion leaves loosely packed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Place all ingredients except the Parmesan into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. If it's too thick, slowly add a bit more olive oil.
Add the Parmesan and continue to blend until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
Refrigerate, and eat within 3 days.
This recipe for dandelion pesto is from the Alchemy of Herbs
book by Rosalee de la Forêt.
Serving: 1Tablespoon | Calories: 99kcal | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 58mg | Calcium: 4% | Iron: 3%