Thanks to the internet, it’s easy to find and purchase exactly what you need!
Below is a list of essential mead equipment and ingredients that will get you started on your mead making adventure.
Also, be sure to check out my Simple Mead Making for Beginners eBook with ingredient and equipment checklists and detailed instructions for brewing and bottling your own gallon of mead!
Mead Brewing Equipment
- Sanitizer – One Step (more natural) or Star San (more effective)
- Large Stainless Steel Pot
- Large Stainless Steel Spoon
- Large Funnel
- One Gallon Glass Jug with Airlock and Rubber Stopper (includes lid)
- Kitchen Thermometer
- Optional: Fermenting Bucket
Mead Bottling Equipment
- Honey – 2-3 pounds for a one gallon batch
- Yeast – Red Star Champagne (Premier Blanc) or Lalvin 71B 1122 (good for melomels)