Finding the perfect gift for the man in your life can be difficult, whether it be your Dad, husband, boyfriend, friend, or brother. If you lean towards natural herbal or homemade DIY items, I have a great list here for you! These herbal gifts for men are perfect, and many of them you can make yourself. Or, if you don’t have the time or energy to make them, you can buy them from some great small handmade herbal shops on Etsy that I think are awesome!
Beards are hot right now, and with that comes some great herbal beard care products. Make some Homemade Rosemary Beard Oil to keep his beard nice and promote healthy growth, or try this DIY Beard Oil recipe that uses cedarwood and sandalwood essential oils for a rustic scent.
Beard Oil from Reformation Acres
Beard balm is another product that can easily be made at home. I have a popular recipe for a Rosemary Pine Beard Balm that works really well and smells amazing! There is also this Bayberry Hemp Beard Balm that sounds awesome.
There is even such a thing as mustache wax! Here is a DIY Mustache Wax recipe for those men who like to style their ‘stache!
- Rosemary Pine Beard Balm from Coco’s Herbals (that’s my shop!)
- Mustache Wax from Original Organics
- Woodsy, Earthy, or Spicy Citrus Beard Oil from Original Organics
- Growth Beard Oil and Conditioning Beard Oil from Reformation Acres
- Natural Beard Oil from Simple Life Mom
Rosemary Pine Beard Balm from Coco’s Herbals
Maybe the man in your life doesn’t have a beard. In that case, there are plenty of herbal shaving products that are much nicer on the skin than store bought stuff. This Soothing Chamomile DIY Shaving Cream sounds absolutely wonderful, and this Smooth Hippy Shaving Cream has tons of different herbal options.
Then there is aftershave, and this Nourishing After Shave Balm is made with soothing sunflower infused oil. This DIY Peppermint Tea Tree Aftershave sounds refreshing, as does this DIY Bay Rum After Shave.
- Wild Man Clean Shave from Wild Rose Herbs
- Shaving Soap from Rocky Mountain Soap Shop
- Wild Man After Shave from Wild Rose Herbs
- Intrepid Aftershave from Rustic Dandelion Soaps
Soothing Chamomile DIY Shaving Cream from Happy Mothering
Soap and Deodorant
There are some great handmade soap recipes out there, but not many are geared towards men. I love the sound of this Pine Tar Soap Recipe, and apparently men love it! It comes from Jan Berry of The Nerdy Farm Wife, who also wrote the amazing Natural Soapmaking eBook that I love. I have a post about how to make Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bars (also Jan Berry’s recipe) that are wonderful.
This Homemade All Natural Deodorant for Men is a great natural alternative to regular deodorant, which often has a lot of nasty chemicals.
- Cedarwood and Fir Soap from Simple Life Mom
- Guinness Honey Oatmeal Soap from Rustic Dandelion Soaps
- Pine Tar Soap from Rocky Mountain Soap Shop
- Detoxifying Deodorant (cedarwood & juniper scent sounds nice) from Earth Collective
Pine Tar Soap Recipe from The Nerdy Farm Wife
Salves and Lotions
I love homemade salves, and my all purpose healing Herbal Salve works well for everyone, men included! This DIY Cracked Foot & Heel Salve sounds great for dry feet (and hands), as does this Herb Infused Hand Lotion for Working Hands.
These Herbal Intensive Lotion Bars are one of my favorites, great for dry and calloused hands and feet.
- Herbal Salve from Coco’s Herbals
- Arnica Salve Sore Muscle Rub from Earth Collective
- Herbal Drawing Salve from Homespun Naturally
- Original Tallow Balm from Crunchy Balm
- Rosemary Solid Lotion from Earth Collective
Herbal Salve from Coco’s Herbals
Cologne and “Manly” Scents
I have two DIY herbal cologne recipes to share with you. The first one is this Woodsy Essential Oil Cologne Blend for Men, and the second is DIY Natural Men’s Cologne. I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather smell a nice natural piney scent on my man than any of the gross and overwhelming colognes on the market.
- Wild Man Natural Cologne Oil from Wild Rose Herbs
- Woodland Aromatherapy Roll On from Original Organics
Whew, and that’s it! There is a lot of inspiration for you for either some homemade or handmade herbal gifts for men that you can make yourself or buy from some great small businesses! Hope you like them, and let me know if you know of any other great herbal product ideas for men.