We all know that fall is all about pumpkin spice everything, but why don’t we have a zucchini spice craze in the summertime? I’m about to change that! Zucchini is abundant in gardens everywhere, and can be used in yummy baked goods like this zucchini spice bread. When I was first searching for a zucchini bread recipe, almost every one I came across used oil instead of butter. Well, I’m all about butter, and I just couldn’t imagine making a bread without it, so I made up my own recipe and it turned out amazing!
Zucchini Spice Bread Recipe
This recipe for zucchini spice bread uses a good amount of shredded zucchini, two cups per loaf! That is more than most recipes you will find, because the whole point is to use up the garden abundance. It is also relatively low in sugar compared to other recipes. And, as I mentioned already, it’s made with butter, which of course makes it better!
Zucchini Spice Bread (Made With Butter)
When you have an abundance of zucchini in your garden, make this zucchini spice bread recipe, made with butter!
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened, plus a little more for buttering the loaf pan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Butter a loaf pan well.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars, then add the eggs, vanilla, and shredded zucchini and stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir gently to combine, being careful to not over mix. Stir in the nuts if using.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 55-65 minutes.
This zucchini bread is sure to be a new favorite. I’ve already made it three times, it’s that good! It’s definitely a great way to use up zucchini from your garden. I’ve even shredded and froze a bunch of zucchini so that I can make this zucchini spice bread all winter long!
To me, the best part is that it’s made with butter! I really don’t use oil in my baking anymore, so any recipe that calls for it has to be modified, and usually with better results.
You will for sure love this zucchini spice bread made with butter!