We all know that fall is all about pumpkin spice everything, but why don’t we have a zucchini spice craze in the summertime? I’m about to change that! Zucchini is abundant in gardens everywhere, and can be used in yummy baked goods like this zucchini spice bread made with butter.
Zucchini Bread Made with Butter
When I was first searching for a zucchini bread recipe, almost every one I came across used oil instead of butter.
Well, I’m all about butter, and I just couldn’t imagine making a bread without it, so I made up my own recipe and it turned out amazing!
This recipe for zucchini spice bread uses a good amount of shredded zucchini, two cups per loaf! That is more than most recipes you will find, because the whole point is to use up the garden abundance.
It is also relatively low in sugar compared to other zucchini bread recipes.
Zucchini Spice Bread Recipe
First, butter a loaf pan well. Then in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars, then add the eggs, vanilla, and shredded zucchini and stir to combine.
In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir gently to combine, being careful to not over mix.
Stir in the nuts if using. I also sometimes like to add some minced crystallized ginger. So good!
Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake at 350°F for 55-65 minutes.
You can also make zucchini spice muffins, simply put the batter into a buttered muffin tin and cook at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
This zucchini bread is sure to be a new favorite. I’ve already made it three times, it’s that good! It’s definitely a great way to use up zucchini from your garden.
I’ve even shredded and froze a bunch of zucchini so that I can make this zucchini spice bread all winter long!
To me, the best part is that it’s made with butter!
I really don’t use oil in my baking anymore, so any recipe that calls for it has to be modified, and usually with better results.
You will for sure love this zucchini spice bread made with butter!
Zucchini Spice Bread (Made With Butter)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened, plus a little more for buttering the loaf pan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Butter a loaf pan well.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars, then add the eggs, vanilla, and shredded zucchini and stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir gently to combine, being careful to not over mix. Stir in the nuts if using.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 55-65 minutes.
- To make zucchini muffins, put the batter into a buttered muffin tin and cook at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- This recipe works great with frozen shredded zucchini.