Finding the perfect gift for the man in your life can be difficult, whether it be your Dad, husband, boyfriend, friend, or brother. If you lean towards natural herbal or homemade DIY items, I have a great list here for you! These herbal gifts for men are perfect, and many of them you can make yourself. Or, if you don’t have the time or energy to make them, you can buy them from some great small handmade herbal shops on Etsy that I think are awesome!
DIY Herbal Gifts for Men
Beards are hot right now, and with that comes some great herbal beard care products. Make some Homemade Rosemary Beard Oil to keep his beard nice and promote healthy growth, or try this beard oil recipe with several different scent variations.
There is also this Bayberry Hemp Beard Balm from Joybilee Farm that sounds awesome.
There is even such a thing as mustache wax! Here is a DIY Mustache Wax recipe for those men who like to style their ‘stache!
- Rosemary, Pine, & Cypress Beard Balm from Wholistic Herbals
- Rosemary & Clary Sage Beard Oil from Ravens Court Apothecary
- Natural Beard Oil from Simple Life Mom
- Beard Care Gift Set from Wild Rose Herbs
Maybe the man in your life doesn’t have a beard. In that case, there are plenty of herbal shaving products that are much nicer on the skin than store bought stuff. This Soothing Chamomile DIY Shaving Cream sounds absolutely wonderful, and this Smooth Hippy Shaving Cream has tons of different herbal options.
Then there is aftershave, and this Nourishing After Shave Balm is made with soothing sunflower infused oil. This DIY Peppermint Tea Tree Aftershave sounds refreshing, as does this DIY Bay Rum After Shave.
- Wild Man Clean Shave from Wild Rose Herbs
- Shaving Soap from Rocky Mountain Soap Shop
- Wild Man After Shave from Wild Rose Herbs
- Moisturizing Shave Cream from Meadowlark Botanical
Soothing Chamomile DIY Shaving Cream from Happy Mothering
Soap and Deodorant
There are some great handmade soap recipes out there, but not many are geared towards men. I love the sound of this Pine Tar Soap Recipe, and apparently men love it! It comes from Jan Berry of The Nerdy Farm Wife, who also wrote the amazing Natural Soapmaking eBook that I love. I have a post about how to make Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bars (also Jan Berry’s recipe) that are wonderful.
Homemade Deodorant with Lavender & Sage is a great natural alternative to regular deodorant, which often has a lot of nasty chemicals.
- Cedarwood and Fir Soap from Simple Life Mom
- Guinness Beer Soap from All Things Herbal
- Pine Tar Soap from Rocky Mountain Soap Shop
- Evergreen Mountain Deodorant from Skin Craft Organics
Pine Tar Soap Recipe from The Nerdy Farm Wife
Salves and Lotions
I love homemade salves, and my all purpose healing Herbal Salve works well for everyone, men included! This DIY Cracked Foot & Heel Salve sounds great for dry feet (and hands), as does this Herb Infused Hand Lotion for Working Hands.
These herbal lotion bars are one of my favorites, great for dry and calloused hands and feet.
- Pain Relief Salve with Arnica, White Willow, and Cayenne from Rooted Earth
- Black Drawing Salve from Sage Hill Botanicals
- Tallow Balm from Toups & Co.
- The Best Organic Lotion Bar from Birds Organics
Cologne and “Manly” Scents
I have two DIY herbal cologne recipes to share with you. The first one is this Woodsy Essential Oil Cologne Blend for Men, and the second is DIY Natural Men’s Cologne. I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather smell a nice natural piney scent on my man than any of the gross and overwhelming colognes on the market.
Whew, and that’s it! There is a lot of inspiration for you for either some homemade or handmade herbal gifts for men that you can make yourself or buy from some great small businesses.
I hope you like them, and let me know if you know of any other great herbal product ideas for men!