Finding the perfect gift for the man in your life can be difficult, whether it be your Dad, husband, boyfriend, friend, or brother. If you lean towards natural herbal or homemade DIY items, I have a great list here for you! These herbal gifts for men are perfect, and many of them you can make yourself. Or, if you don’t have the time or energy to make them, you can buy them from some great small handmade herbal shops on Etsy (plus a few others) that I think are awesome!
Beards are popular right now, and with that comes some great herbal beard care products such as beard oil and beard balm.
Beard balm is another product that can easily be made at home.
There is also this Bayberry Hemp Beard Balm from Joybilee Farm that sounds awesome.
There is even such a thing as mustache wax! Here is a DIY Mustache Wax recipe for those men who like to style their ‘stache!
- Herbal Beard Balms from Woodland Herbal
- Rosemary & Clary Sage Beard Oil from Ravens Court Apothecary
- Natural Beard Oil from Simple Life Mom
- Beard Care Gift Set from Wild Rose Herbs
Maybe the man in your life doesn’t have a beard. In that case, there are plenty of herbal shaving products that are much nicer on the skin than store bought stuff! Some of these are great for women too.
- Wild Man Clean Shave from Wild Rose Herbs
- Shaving Soap from Rocky Mountain Soap Shop
- Wild Man After Shave from Wild Rose Herbs
- Moisturizing Shave Cream from Meadowlark Botanical
Soothing Chamomile DIY Shaving Cream from Happy Mothering
Soap and Deodorant
There are some great handmade soap and deodorant recipes out there, but not many are geared towards men. Here are a few that are a bit more manly!
I have a post about how to make Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bars (also Jan Berry’s recipe) that are wonderful.
This Winter Spice Pine Soap is perfect for men!
Homemade Deodorant with Lavender & Sage is a great natural alternative to regular deodorant, which often has a lot of nasty chemicals.
- Cedarwood and Fir Soap from Simple Life Mom
- Guinness Beer Soap from All Things Herbal
- Pine Tar Soap from Organically Maine
- Evergreen Mountain Deodorant from Skin Craft Organics
Pine Tar Soap Recipe from The Nerdy Farm Wife
Salves and Lotions
Salves, lotions, and lotion bars make wonderful gifts for men!
I love homemade salves, and my all purpose healing Herbal Salve works well for everyone, men included!
These Calendula Lotion Bars are one of my favorites and are great for dry and calloused hands and feet.
If you are looking for a gift for a rock climber, these Lotion Bars for Rock Climbers are perfect!
- Pain Relief Salve with Arnica, White Willow, and Cayenne from Rooted Earth
- Black Drawing Salve from Sage Hill Botanicals
- Tallow Balm from Toups & Co.
- Bee Silk Lotion Bar from MadeOn Skin Care
- Magnesium Lotion from Magnesium Lotion Shop
Cologne and “Manly” Scents
Here are a few all natural cologne recipes and woodsy scents for men.
I have some DIY herbal cologne recipes to share with you.
I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather smell a nice natural piney scent on my man than any of the gross and overwhelming colognes on the market!
Whew, and that’s it! There is a lot of inspiration for you for either some homemade or handmade herbal gifts for men that you can make yourself or buy from some great small businesses.
I hope you like them, and let me know if you know of any other great herbal product ideas for men!