Refrigerator pickles are a quick and delicious way to preserve the summer harvest, but you don’t have to stick to pickled cucumbers – there are many vegetables you can use, like pepperoncini peppers! This recipe for quick refrigerator-pickled pepperoncini peppers will become a new favorite!
Pepperoncini Peppers for Pickling
When our pepperoncini plant started producing like crazy, I knew we wouldn’t be able to eat them all fresh before they started going bad.
I made up a batch of fermented pepperoncini hot sauce (which is delicious I might add), but I needed something else.
I love the Mediterranean style pickled pepperoncini peppers that you can buy in the store, so I wanted to try and make something similar to that.
I didn’t have quite enough peppers to can them, so I decided to make quick refrigerator pickled pepperoncini.
Want more refrigerator pickle recipes? Here are 16 Quick Pickle Recipes to try!
Refrigerator Pickled Pepperoncini Recipe
First gather enough pepperoncini peppers to fill a quart sized jar. You can easily adjust the recipe to make more or less if you’d like.
Then poke 1 or 2 holes in each pepperonicini pepper with a sharp knife before packing them into the jar. Add the coriander seeds, peppercorns, bay leaf, and garlic to the jar.
In a small pot, combine the water, vinegar, sugar or honey, and salt and bring to a boil.
Pour the hot vinegar mixture into the jar to cover the peppers.
Allow the jar to cool slightly before covering with a lid and refrigerating.
The peppers will be ready to eat in 2-4 weeks.
These pickled pepperoncini peppers are so good! They are quick and easy to make and are a great way to use up all those peppers in your garden. Better than store-bought!
This recipe works just as well with other varieties of peppers as well, either mild or spicy. Smaller peppers like jalapenos, mini bells, or banana peppers work best because they tend to fit better in the jar.
Use these refrigerator pepperoncini’s on pizza, salads, or on a charcuterie board or cheese platter. They will add a little zip to anything!
More Pepper Preserving Recipes
Here are more delicious ways to preserve peppers!
- Fermented Pepperoncini Hot Sauce
- Pickled Jalapeño Peppers: Quick Refrigerator Recipe
- Fermented Red Pepper Hot Sauce
- How to Dehydrate Peppers for Food Storage
- Fermented Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- Fermented Chili Paste
- How to Make Pepper Jelly: Mild or Hot
More Quick Pickle Recipes
- Quick Pickled Cranberries
- Quick Pickled Garlic
- Quick Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- Quick Pickled Green Tomatoes
- Quick Pickled Dill Pickles
- Quick Pickled Pumpkin
- Quick Pickled Onions
Quick Refrigerator Pickled Pepperoncini Peppers
- Poke 1 or 2 holes in each pepperonicini pepper with a sharp knife before packing them into a quart sized jar.
- Add the coriander seeds, peppercorns, bay leaf, and garlic to the jar.
- In a small pot, combine the water, vinegar, sugar or honey, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot vinegar mixture into the jar to cover the peppers.
- Allow the jar to cool slightly before covering with a lid and refrigerating.
- The peppers will be ready to eat in 2-4 weeks.